"Young people today are not angry with, or mistrustful of, organizations and institutions. They are, however, increasingly apathetic and disconnected from organizations. Spiritually, they are:
- Believers in God, though not necessarily members of particular institutions and denominations
- Involved in an individual spiritual journey, not the communal tradition
- Spiritual, but not necessarily religious
- Desire a faith that makes a difference in their lives, provides meaning, purpose and challenge
- Desire a genuine experience of the transcendence and power of God
- Relate to a Jesus who understands suffering
- Want to grow in faith together with their peers and with trusted adults
- Believe that everything expresses the transcendent: nature, the arts, gatherings, traditional devotionals.
While I think this info is applicable to adults, too, I wonder if a strong church and faith belief system would help kids with daily pressures as they grow up. What do you think?
Info from page 70 of Ministry through the Lens of Evangelization.
Until the next nap time...