Monday, May 07, 2007

Potty Training a Princess


Potty-training just stinks... literally & figuratively. I've tried not to pressure Little K since I know she'll get the hang of it before she goes to college but earlier efforts would really be appreciated. For now, she alerts me to the fact that she needs to go... right after she went. As we rush to change her diaper, Little K insists that she sit on her potty. Why? I'm not sure but at least she's working on it. Oh well. If you have tips on potty training, PLEASE POST THEM HERE.


In the mean time, I have photos of her like this one. One day, she'll be mortified but now she thinks this photo is stellar. Princess Potty, I call it. Ten years ago, who would have thought my interests would be focused on this cutie?


Until the next nap time...

2 comments:

Juli said...

Here's mine - relax. K's teachers are really good at spotting when she's really ready. She'll move along very quickly once she hits that stage. I didn't believe the teachers either and wore myself out over it. Finally, I gave up. Turns out they were right. Once R decided she was ready, we've had few, if any accidents. R was close to three by the time she was completely potty trained. Don't worry! You're busy enough!

Anonymous said...

That's good to hear, Juli! We gave it a brief attempt a while back with C, but she wasn't ready. We're sort of waiting for a signal that it's time to try again. Megan, good luck with K and you can bet I'll be hitting you up for pointers soon!