On Saturday, Trent & I took Little K to the new train at Hermann Park. We had beautiful weather and loved the train ride. The new seats will actually fit two adults and a child so it was a good family activity. The train route currently doesn't have any stops (except at the entrance) but I believe future plans include stops at the local playground. I figure it's great entertainment for only $2.50 per person. The train runs from 10 am - 6 pm weekdays and until 6:30 pm weekends. My only concern was the parking. We ended up spending more time trying to find a parking spot than we did enjoying the park. Note to self: head to Hermann Park early.
Over the weekend, I also came across this "Kids Speak 101" article in a newsletter from the Rockwell Team in Ohio. "A fourth grade teacher likes to collect well-known sayings. She gave the first half of the saying to her students and they came up with the rest:
- 'The grass is always greener... when you leave the sprinkler on.
- A rolling stone... plays the guitar.
- The grass is always greener ... when you remember to water it.
- A bird in the hand is... a real mess.
- You have nothing to fear but... homework.
- A penny saved is... nothing in the real world.
- The squeaky wheel gets... annoying.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and ... someone yells "Shut up!"
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with .. a blister.'"