When I was in fifth grade, I remember the middle schoolers went to MO Ranch and had a blast. I did a Google search on "dude ranch Houston" and found a few that look worthy of investigating. Get those city kids out to the country to pick fruits, vegetables and nut. See ranch animals. Experience nature. Let me know if you've experienced any of these:
1). Cielito Ranch Bed & Breakfast
- Beautifully finished rustic style country cabins nestled between huge Texas pecan trees available for either bed and breakfast or self-catering vacation rental accommodation.
- A swimming pool with waterfall and water sprays is available for Ranch guest use.
- Miles of walking / riding trails through pastures and woods above the Brazos River.
- Facilities for guests to board their horses.
- Fishing, campfires, hayrides, long walks, barbeques and quiet relaxation.
- Meeting / party facilities for special occasions, group meetings, birthday parties, church events or retreats
- Pet Friendly Accommodations: Pets are welcome at our bed and breakfast and are included right into the Ranch animal family.
- Enjoy a fall harvest of nuts in our 'pick-your-own-pecans' orchards
- Located 40 miles west of downtown Houston near Katy and Brookshire.
- Riding lessons by appointment.
This working guest ranch of over 650 acres is only an hour west of Houston, Texas. Blisswood is a bed and breakfast and has a log cabin for rent...it is also an enchanting setting for outdoor weddings, private and corporate retreats and company picnics. Come and enjoy what this magical place called Blisswood has to offer!
3). Cedar Cabins in New Ulm, TX.
Enjoy a stay in any or all of our four cabins, tastefully decorated with authentic country furnishings, located on over 240 acres right in the heart of the rolling hills of Texas, 1/2 way between Houston and Austin. Come and bring your family and friends, and enjoy getting away to the country!
4). MO Ranch near Kerrville, TX.
This vacation ranch's housing ranges from modern hotel rooms, to spacious historic mansions, to rustic cabins. Located on 475 acres near Kerrville, Texas. Horseback riding, swimming, hiking and more. This is the place that Grace Presbyterian School took its middle schoolers.
5). Rivendell Ranch in West Fort Bend Area
Enjoy a country vacation less than an hour from Houston atop the highest natural spot in Fort Bend County, overlooking a pond and the San Bernard River. The ranch is a working cattle ranch, on 200 private acres, half-wooded, offering privacy, peace and tranquility.
Until the next nap time...