Friday, November 20, 2009

Running Late from Work

So I literally ran into the auditorium, trying to make it to my daughter's Grandparents Day/Thanksgiving Day celebration. Since I was running late from my work conference call and PreK always goes first as the youngest students, I missed her singing. Ugh. I feel horrible. My husband greeted me at the door and saw the frantic look on my face.

"Just say you thought the 'Gobble, Gobble' part was the best," he said.

My dad then walked up and offered me his seat up front. I sat by my mom and my in-laws, who dutifully watched the remaining grades do their presentations. At least Little K's grandparents were front & center. At least it wasn't Parents Day. But oh, how I wish I could have seen her. The personal one-act show that she did for me later was adorable but I hate to miss those little moments. Luckily, Little K hasn't asked me if I saw her because I don't want to lie, nor do I want her to know that her working mother didn't make it in time. I'm good at beating myself up over these things. Oh well. Better luck next time.

Until the next nap time...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Megan - I'm so sorry. I didn't get to see it either, but I got a re-enactment at home too that made me sick that I'd missed the show. I'm blocking my calendar now for the Christmas and Go Texan shows!!! At least Little K had a full showing of grandparents - that is a rare gift these days. C had both of hers there, and a step-grandparent, so that's pretty good I guess. Don't beat yourself up - you are there for her SO much of the time - and you are really THERE for her when you are. She's a very lucky girl and I think she knows it. She has a special Mommy who is doing her best, and it's pretty excellent. :-)

Kids Activity Queen said...

Oh wow! Her step grandma came too! thanks for your words of encouragement. I think it's easy to get down when you're a working parent but frankly Little K often dismisses me and wants to run with her pack. I'll see you at the Christmas pageant & Go Texan Day! Wink.