Friday, August 13, 2010

Burn Off Some Energy

Little K was bored to tears (almost). I promised an adventure after I finished my work. She stood close by, watching over my shoulder as I typed. (Clearly, she's never heard the tale about the watched kettle that won't boil!) She didn't have camp that week because we were heading out of town to see my grandparents in Ohio in a few days. Trent & I would take turns entertaining her throughout the week. (That does bring up the point that my mom stayed at home with me when I was little but didn't entertain me every moment of the day. Perhaps I'll save that for another blog post.)

Finally, it was her turn. I had promised that we'd head to the "jumpee thing" at Memorial City Mall before school started. She never seems to forget those promises. So, we drove over, parked and head for adventure. (Enter near Eyemasters and Target.) After a short wait, I paid maybe $10, and the excitement began. The staffer strapped Little K into the harness and she jumped for 5 very long minutes on a contraption that seems like a twist between a trampoline and an bungee cord jump. She loved it and eventually figured out how to flip herself over once she was mid-air. It was cute... and did I mention EASY?

Next, she stepped over to the rock wall, was again strapped in, and then she looked a bit confused. "Get to climbing, girl," I told her.

Honestly, what did she think she was signing up for? I didn't push it.

Little K gave it a good shot and I was surprised when she was so close to the top, she slid down. But there's a bell to ring at the top so everyone knows you accomplished your goal, I thought. Okay, so there are a few differences between my daughter and me but only a few. She gave it another try but gave out a bit sooner. I really think her little legs had just been through enough.

My new secret weapon: the "Jumpee thing" at Memorial City Mall. Little K slept like a baby that night. I smiled in glory! My only regret? I can't find my photos and video on my iPhone. Darn!

Until the next nap time...

No comments: