Sunday, November 28, 2010

Making a Christmas Poster

It's a beautiful afternoon in Houston. Our indoor Christmas decorations are up so my husband bravely agreed to hang the out door lights. Years ago, he chastised me for singing & dancing to Christmas carols while I was holding the ladder. Atop the ladder was my husband, bouncing around amidst strings of lights!

Today, Little K needed help "finding something to do" & I wanted her within eyesight. We decided to set up an outdoor art studio, where Little K could paint a Christmas poster. Instead of wearing a beret, she donned a Santa hat!




I helped write in pencil "Merry Christmas!" & then she painted over the cheerful message. Then she added her own designs. To dry, we hung her masterpiece on the gate, which again proved to be a good display area. It was a nice way to spend time outside with my daughter.

- Until the next nap time...

No comments: