Looking to escape the summer heat? There are numerous movie theaters throughout Houston offering discounted or no fees for kid-friendly movies. Here are six different locations offering little to no charge for great movies all summer long. Find one by you and check out a flick.
- Studio Movie Grill at City Centre hosts children every weekend at 11 am with rated-G Kid Toons (cartoons like Olivia) for just $2. Additionally, Studio Movie Grill offers free movies for families raising children with special needs. The lights are dimmed and the volume is softer to help accommodate these children. The next opportunity is on Saturday, June 4 at 11 am when Kung Fu Panda 2 will be showing. Lastly, Studio Movie Grill kicks off the 2011Summer Series with 11 movies played over three months of summer for $1 per child and $2 per adult. Check out the schedule of upcoming movies and start planning.
- Cinemark Tinseltown (in Houston on Hwy. 290 and in The Woodlands) debut the Summer Movie Clubhouse with 10 movies shown throughout the summer for only $5 in advance or $1 at the door. A different movie will be played each week and all movies are rated either G or PG. All shows start at 10 am. Check online for the Houston schedule and The Woodlands schedule.
- For older kids, head downtown to Market Square Park to watch Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade on June 18 at 8 pm. There is no charge to attend.
- Rave Motion Pictures launches its Family Film Fest at Yorktown Crossing in Houston. Each Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 am a rated G or PG movie will be played at no charge. Check out the Rave web site for updates on the schedule.
- The Houston Silverado IMAX on Hwy. 249 in Tomball welcomes families for Family Film Festival every Saturday at 10 am. Just $3.99 provides kids with "all you can eat pancakes" as well.
- Enjoy $1 movies throughout summer on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 am at The Marquee on I-10. Choose from two movies each time. The show line-up is available at The Marquee and offers a coupon to the Red Robin Restaurant in the same complex.
Until the next nap time...