- With the kids--try out Laser Quest at 13711 Westheimer. Open Wednesday from noon to 6 pm. If you're feeling patriotic, you & the kids can dress up for the parts of Rebel and Red Coat!
- For all ages--Alamo Draft House is located at 1000 West Oaks Mall, No. 426. Have dinner and cocktails brought to you in the movie. Ahh.
- The YMCA will be open on July 4th. Gather the group for a friendly basket ball game.
- The Astros play the Phillies at 1:05 pm. After all, this is the all-American sport. $1 hot dogs will be sold. The first 10,000 fans will receive a patriotic hat & the first 15,000 fans will receive a mini-American flag.
- Rent a copy of the musical 1776. It's historical yet still funny for older audiences.
- Pull out a blanket for an indoor July 4th picnic. My daughter loves to pretend & at least this way the mosquitos won't bite us.
Monday, July 02, 2007
Every weather report seems to predict rain for this Independence Day or "Rebels Day" as my British friends call it. Well, I'm not about to let a bit of rain dampen my spirits. Here are a few fun things you can do on July 4th no matter the weather does. A special thanks to Colyn for sharing the first two ideas