Monday, September 25, 2006

Grown Up Songs for Kids

I subscribe to several parenting magazines but one of my favorites is Cookie. My favorite part of the magazine each month is the music recommendations. Sticking to a theme, the magazine suggests five otherwise considered "adult songs" (like "Car Wash" by Rose Royce & "That's the Way" by KC & the Sunshine Band) that kids adore. You can simply head out to iTunes and download any of the recommended songs for $1 each. Alternatively, my cousin Jon just recommended Baby Rock Records so I don't have to do the downloading myself. Baby Rock Records dedicates one CD to rock artists like The Cure and Led Zepellin but plays the music in softer lullaby tunes. I can't wait to try it out. If you check it out, let me know what you think. Either way you choose, these are great ways to enjoy music with your kids.

Until the next nap time...

No comments: