Friday, October 05, 2007

Technological Advancements Surprise Me -- & Ramona Quimby Returns

Last night, I was fixing dinner while my daughter watched a "Dora the Explorer" video. Since my husband called me to say he'd be home late from work, I had to cancel my plans for the neighborhood Moms' Night Out. Boo! Any how, I'm baking the turkey breast & fixing the vegetables when I glance to the TV. I've heard this video numerous times as it played in our car's DVD player on road trips to the ranch or beach. Amazingly, I'd never SEEN the video but could recite parts of it by heart.

Oh. That's what Dora & Boots are doing. I had it pictured entirely different.

How funny our worlds are with technological advancements!

Here's a great activity for families with children 5 years & older. Hope you all can check it out. We're still a bit young. However, I remember in first grade loving Ramona Quimby books.

"Ramona Quimby" is now playing at the Main Street Theater.
Overview: When her father loses her job, Ramona Quimby learns that being grown up is hard work. But, as her sister Beezus says, “being a kid and trying to become a grown up is even harder.” For more then 30 years, kids of all ages have delighted in the hilarious antics of Ramona and the Klickitat street gang in Beverly Cleary's beloved Newbery Honor book series.

Location: Main Street Theater - Chelsea Market 4617 Montrose Blvd.
Dates: Public Performances Friday, October 12 at 7 pm
Saturdays at 1 pm and 4 pm October 13, 20, 27 and November 3 and 10, 2007

School Groups
Monday - Friday October 2 – November 9, 2007 9:30 am, 11 am and 12:30 pm

Recommended for Kindergarten (5 years) and up
Children under the age of 3 not allowed in the theater
Visit http://www.mainstreettheater.com/youththeater/ramona.html for more info or to purchase tickets.

Until the next nap time...

No comments: