Friday, March 28, 2008

Hannah Montana's Impression

What's your impression of Hannah Montana? A better question is: what's your child's impression of Hannah Montana? My thoughts?

I just read an interesting article on the marketing behind Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. The You Tube clip of Miley and her friend Mandy was like a flashback to middle school. Jumping on beds, dancing, singing and hugging your girlfriends. The friendships are genuine and straight-forward. It's a great reminder to adults that true friendships don't have to be complicated. While the You Tube clip is a bit long for my tastes, it was a good peak into the lives of tweens. Like the article's author, I appreciate the fact that Hannah & Miley are not rebellious, negative characters. Despite her success, Hannah/Miley has remained a good, positive role model for young girls. THANK YOU. Of special note is the fact that this You Tube clip is of Miley recent trip to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Cool, huh?

I still haven't gotten over the irreverent attitude of the kids on "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody" that plays on the Disney channel. Good grief. It's a bunch of rich kids who boss around the adults and haven't a clue about how to earn a dollar. Luckily, my daughter didn't instantly like the show, so I've found other things to do when that (albeit popular) show is on. The actors in this show may be good, wholesome people. I don't know. I just wish they'd play stronger characters. Take a tip from Miley Cyrus.

Now I've got to buckle my seat belt and prepare for the ride. (smile) Whether or not I like the girlie screams and dance moves of Miley Cyrus, Little K will like enjoy them. At least Miley is a role model whom I can live with.

Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I don't mind Mylie/Hannah. I wouldn't even mind if C dressed like her. Sure, she wears mini skirts, but with leggings or capris under them and I don't think I've ever seen her with an exposed tummy. She is very close to her dad on the show and isn't a troublemaker. Her brother has a job and they seem to have a pretty typical sibling relationship. It could be so much worse.........
And I can totally see the jumping around and being goofy from our girls in the future - heck, we see it now!