Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Managing Stress Amongst the To Do List & Twizzlers

So my daughter loves Twizzlers. For those of you who know me well, it's no surprise. In high school, my friend Jenny and I used to power through a family pack of Twizzlers at the blink of an eye. Yesterday, Little K got one Twizzler for going to the bathroom on the big girl potty. I asked her if I could have one small bite as I helped her get into her PJs. She grew quiet. While I had my head down, focusing on getting her feet into the PJ pants, Little K quickly shoved the whole Twizzler into her mouth. I looked up when I heard giggling. A red licorice mouth was before me, grinning. So much for sharing.

Tomorrow I'm having an MRI to make sure there's not a tumor in my head. Don't worry. There's not. After a meltdown a few weeks ago, I went to my doctor. The docs are sure it's stress-induced but want to cross off the other physical potentials before just dealing with the stress! HA! If only it was that easy. Any ways, I'm not looking forward to the hour-long MRI but I am looking forward to getting out of there & moving on to a simpler lifestyle. I've been reading this book called Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life and have been floored at how the people in the book have experienced stress loads and symptoms just like mine. It's so interesting how I just happened to start reading this book now, even though I've had it for 1.5 year. Hmmmm....

More updates tomorrow. I told my friend Amy S. that I'l crack up if the doctors marvel at my pea-sized brain tomorrow. HA!

Until the next nap time...

No comments: