Friday, April 04, 2008

Grandparents' Perogative: High Heels



My mom used to get mad at me when I'd wear her high heels as a kid. That's why I find it so funny to catch her wearing my daughter's Crocs.

Little K insisted on prancing around in my mom's high heels the other day. Did my mom even gripe? No way. Grandparents play by a different set of rules, I'm told. That's interesting because my mom used to tell me that I couldn't play in her heels because I'd break my ankle. Perhaps Little K is more talented than me. That wouldn't surprise me either. I say, wear whatever shoes make you feel GREAT.

Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom used to tell me that my feet messed up the insoles of her shoes - like I was wearing new foot impressions in them or something. Yeah - for the 35 seconds I wore them before I realized how much better it was to just be able to run around. My favorite grandmother double standard is about junk food. Like the day my mom told me she had given C ice cream for lunch. ?????? I hadn't even told her ice cream existed yet! (that was my after-her-bedtime treat. And Coke - my mom has admitted to me that she drank Coke out of a coffee mug so I wouldn't know what she was drinking, she was so determined to keep it away from me. Guess who introduced it to C???? Luckily she hated the carbonation!