Friday, May 09, 2008

Let the Good Times Roll

Is my family jinxed?

On Wednesday, I slipped and fell down 14 of the 16 wood floor stairs... on my tailbone. I went to the doctor yesterday and was told that they don't think I broke my tailbone but have probably torn the ligaments around it. The doctor massaged my tailbone (no, I'm not even kidding. It was SO embarassing.) and told me to keep ice on it. It will hopefully feel better by next week. Ugh.

This morning, Little K was so excited to get into the school that she ran right into the open car door. After she finally calmed down, I saw she has a big scratch and a shiner under her left eye. Poor thing.

Then, this afternoon, my husband called to tell me that he was heading to the ER. He was connecting a trailer to the back of his truck and something moved and his middle finger got stuck in between the hitch and the ball. Several shots & 5 stiches later, Trent has this huge cast on his middle finger that looks like he's flicking everyone off! Somehow in the madness, Trent took time to photograph the gaping hole in his finger. He encouraged me to post the photo but since I gagged when I saw them, I figured the pics were too graphic for my family-oriented blog. Believe me, it was disgusting.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that my sister Colyn was robbed last Monday night. Then, Colyn, who's 7.5 months pregnant, got hit by an SUV while she was walking in a crosswalk in downtown Houston. She was thrown 15 feet from the SUV. Amazingly, both mom and child are okay. I haven't a clue how that worked except by the grace of God. For real.

Now that we have all this bad luck out of the way, we only have good things left. I'll toast to that. Have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. I'm heading to pick up Little K now. Our celebrations may now begin.

Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh my gosh! Sorry to hear about all of this...Please be safe and careful this weekend. Have a happy Mother's Day!!