Friday, March 27, 2009

Funny Things Kids Say

Little K says the funniest things. From "blue bottoms" (bluebonnets) to "bench toast" (French toast), I get a good laugh in here & there. Like the time she told my dad that it's bad to smoke cigarettes (of course it is). My father was not amused. Fast-forward a few weeks later when Little K sees a stranger smoking while we're on the way home from nursery school.

"It's bad to smoke," Little K said pointing at the man. "People shouldn't do that."
"No, they shouldn't. You're right," I reply, pausing to see what else she'd say.
"Except PaPa," my daughter said. "He can do whatever he wants."
Priceless.

Or how about this one?

My husband Trent just entered his restroom and shut the door behind him. Little K followed and tried entering the door. She just HAD to tell her daddy something RIGHT THEN. Luckily for all involved, the door was locked.

"Let me in!" Little K shouted, teasing her father as she banged on the door.

"No, I'm going to the bathroom," her daddy responds.

"Then, I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your door in!" Little K replied, mimicing the tale of "The 3 Little Pigs."

While she huffed and puffed, I howled. I just hope I'll remember this stuff when she's older. That Little K is quick on her feet. How about your kids?

Until the next nap time...

No comments: