Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gone to the Dog

Sorry I've been a bit absent on the blog. I refuse to put it on my To Do list in hopes of keeping the blog fun and something I look forward to.

This month has been a busy one with rodeo in full season. Luckily, it seems Little K will remember it this year. The purchase of her pink cowGIRL hat is a good reminder.

We also purchased our first dog, as earlier reported so life at house is slowly adjusting to the animal house.
I'm the one who refused to get a dog because I didn't want yet another responsibility. In case you can't see it in the photo below, the writing on my forehead says "SUCKER". That dog is darling. Our inside cat TJ clearly reminds us that this has been a cat house for 10 years and some hyper critter has invaded. When the Ridgeback named Dutch gets a little too close to TJ, the claws come up. Puppy yelps ensue for much longer than they should but he gets the attention he wants. Little K is loving the dog and her constant companion. They play hide and seek, chase, run -- any activity that involves the puppy chasing my almost 4-year-old and nipping at her heels. It usually results in giggles so no complaints there.

Our friend Emma is no longer at our nursery school and several of us are worried that her brain tumor has returned. I've checked her mother's blog but no recent updates. How do you ask a parent how her child is doing when you know there's a long, hard road before them? I'm figuring a kind word here & there is better than nothing. I don't want to be nosey but would offer to help their family if only I knew how. Little K just tells me that today is not the day that Emma goes to school there. I don't want to alarm Little K with misinformation so I'll keep quiet on that front. I pray for Emma and her family, and hope you all will do the same. It's a quick reminder of how precious our children are.

Until the next nap time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to everything you said and keeping prayers going for Emma. I aksed C if she had seen her at school and I got no response - repeatedly. A little odd. Can't wait to meet Dutch - Ridgebacks are such great dogs!

Susan said...

I loved the pics of you and the dog. know he is a handful right now, but you will love it as he grows up.

Can you ask K's teacher about Emma? Perhaps the parents have talked w/ the teacher and given her some information to share with the kids if they ask questions, which might be helpful to the parents also...just a thought.