Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Can't Thank You Enough

Our Father's Day was really nice. We spent most of the day in Galveston with my in-laws, honoring Popi as well as my husband Trent, Little K's Daddy. Sunday evening, Trent ran to the grocery while I started the laundry. Luckily for me, my parents stopped by so Little K and I could spend a little time with my dad, PaPa, on Father's Day, too.

Sunday evening before dinner, Little K & I gave Trent his presents. After opening the first one (a selection of spices for grilling from Penzey's Spice), Trent said: "I can't thank you enough."

Little K questioned him on why he could NOT thank her enough, so Trent explained the expression. Then, he opened his next present (a coffee mug with photos of us decorating the sides). "Oh, thank you Little K and Mommy," he said. "I love it."

"I can't 'your welcome' you enough," Little K said. How precious.

Hope your Father's Day was great. Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't thank you enough for sharing that story and so much of Father's day w/ us and Popi in Galveston!! It was wonderful and I can't wait for the 4th of july. Have a blast picking peas this weekend!