Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ohio Trip 2009 Concludes with a Grin

Well, our Ohio trip is quickly coming to a close. It's been wonderful. I realized toward the end that because we have a slower schedule here, I've realized how tired I am. As such, I have been able to go to bed at a decent hour, sleep in a bit and take an occasional nap. Ahhh. I'll now return to Houston better rested and ready to conquer a 2-day work week.

Today, I helped PaPa Don remove the old pea vines, till the garden and plant some new vegetables. Little K helped pull up some of the old vines until she fell backward onto her rump. PaPa Don & I roared with laughter. Suddenly, Little K claimed that something bit her leg & she was going inside. I think something maybe bit her pride but that's about it. The rest of the gardening was quite a workout. After a shower, packing and an early lasagna dinner, we'll head to the Dayton airport to begin our return home to Houston. What a wonderful trip. Now I just need to make sure we don't hold off for a year before coming back.

Little K is negotiating her pay with PaPa Don now. It's somewhere between $100 and 40 cents. I'll bet she settles on the lower end of the spectrum. Better go help.

Happy flying. Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing your Ohio adventures with us! Can't wait for the weekend at the beach!