Friday, August 13, 2010

Have a Splash at Discovery Green

I've been "itching" to take Little K to the fountains at Discovery Green this summer. When I realized last week that summer was almost over and we had not made atleast one visit, I sent a text to my sister Colyn.

Want to go to Discovery Green fountains? Please say "yes".

Luckily, Colyn agreed. Last night, we took the girls just before 5 pm downtown to the fountains. My sister had not yet been there but seemed to really like it. Her daughter Claire (age 2) and my 5-year-old loved every minute of it. I really like that the fountains will slowly increase in height and strength and then stop altogether.

"Where'd the water go, Claire?" I kept asking my niece. My daughter echoed. She'd look around & around  & around until finally, the water started up again. It gives the kids a bit of suspense. I just like to watch.

Looks like we'll make a repeat trip since I deleted ACCIDENTALLY all the great photos that I took of them playing in the water. Oh well. We always need fun things to do. Hope to see you there. I've posted here some of my favorite photos from the fountains at Discovery Green Park. Enjoy!

Until the next nap time...

No comments: