Friday, March 16, 2012

Miniature Horses in Brenham

I've heard for years about the mini horses in Brenham but when we called last time, they were closing for good.

Imagine my surprise when I found the same place mentioned in a 2012 brochure. Upon calling, we learned the place used to be run by the Poor Clares Nuns but now is run by the PaxChristi Sisters.

Little K loved seeing & petting all the miniature horses & we enjoyed selecting a ceramic/plaster horse to paint on site. (there are all sorts if figurines from pets to vases, guitars & even holiday decorations.) I liked the small chapel on the premises too.

After our visit, I wish we had packed a picnic lunch as there are a few picnic areas available. The Sisters are working hard to raise money to renovate the premises & I have to say, it needs the updates. Still, I'm so glad we went today & look forward to returning. The Sisters' peaceful, helpful nature was reassuring. With only 3 of them on site, they have their work cut out for them. Add this to my list of places I'd like to donate to if/when I win the lottery. :-)

Until the next nap time...

1 comment:

Claire Nguyen said...

Please tell me where this is? That sounds like a lot of fun.