Saturday, July 06, 2013

There's A Reason It's Called Vacation

There's a reason it's called vacation. On the up side, I eat and drink what I want, sleep in, half make my bed and lay around in the sun casually. Down side? The baby doesn't get the sleep he needs so he is fussy and K doesn't understand why the last day of vacation she has to go to bed at 8 pm.

"Because," I say, "I'm the mom, I waited many years to say this, and this was on the mom test. Go to bed."

All this said (in fun), we've had a nice July 4th holiday weekend in Galveston with a bike ride down Seawall Blvd., visits with
several friends and family, a dip in the
pool at the Artillery Club, fireworks and more. Here are a few pics from the
weekend. So despite the fun, we head home tomorrow, only for K to head to Scout Camp while I return to work, laundry, etc. But that's why it's called vacation. It's an escape from the norm and a good reminder of why we work as hard as we do. Well, there is the mortgage, too.

Until the next nap time...

No comments: