Monday, July 23, 2012

How Do You Welcome Your Extended Family to Your Home?

So my grandparents are pretty silly. EXTRA silly for their great grandkids. Little K and I talked on the phone Sunday night after she had arrived at my grandparents house in Ohio. 

"Did you check your email?" she asked me. 

I then did. The photos at left are the surprise I found in my in box. It seems PaPa Don created some welcome signs that included purposeful misspellings of my daughter's and niece's names, not to mention the misspelling of his own daughter's name (Dawn). Hee hee.

It looks like they're up for a week of fun. Little K already informed me that she picked fresh tomatoes from the garden and that she's looking forward to Grammy's homemade biscuits and gravy and to PaPa Don's infamous pancakes. Oh, I'm really wishing I had made this trip. Yes, I have those memories too, so I suppose it's time for Little K to have her own. Still, there are some things you're never too old to enjoy. :-)

What fun memories do you have with your grandparents? As parents, do you encourage the grandparents in your life to make funny memories with your kids? 

Until the next nap time...

No comments: