Sunday, July 22, 2012

Time Well Spent with Grandparents

It's never a dull moment when Little K spends time with my parents, so fondly called "Grand" and "PaPa" as my blog followers are familiar. Little K spent a week with them just on the west side of Houston earlier in July and my daughter had a blast. I think the photos speak for themselves.

At left, my 7-year-old gets "dazzling" as she tries on grown-up clothes in a store in the Houston Galleria. I can only imagine what the sales people thought of my mom and daughter. It does remind me of times long ago when my own mom caught me and my PaPa Don (mom's dad) reenacting a wedding. PaPa Don stood next to a manequin who was dressed in a wedding dress as I served as the officiator over the wedding ceremony. Bystanders watched our ceremony and giggled. My mom was mortified.

These days, Grand has another view."A Grandmother has a right," my mom replied.

 Below are some pics of Grand and Little K's adventures at a Memorial-area park and at the merry-go-round at Memorial City Mall. Cheap, easy fun for parents, grandparents and little ones.

Today, Little K left with Grand and cousin C for a trip to Ohio to visit my grandparents, Little K's Great Grandparents. Not many of us have had the opportunity to get to know our great grandparents so I'm so excited that Little K gets the chance to write this interesting chapter of her own life. Luckily, she sees her great grandparents about twice a year, including  a trip to Ohio. This round, I'm staying in Houston to work but am a bit jealous. Here's to an exciting week with the Barrett clan and many fabulous memories for my girl.

Thanks, Mom/Grand!

Until the next nap time...


No comments: